This is a full-time role supporting our CEO remotely. Typical hours for this role are 9am-5pm Eastern, Monday-Friday. On occasion there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends, on an as-needed basis.
The mission of the Executive Assistant is to stay five steps ahead of their leader, tracking all of the administrative details and clearing the path for her to make her greatest contribution to our business. The Executive Assistant will be a key asset to the CEO by anticipating needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing her to develop vision and strategy for all aspects of operations at Enrollment Builders so that we can reach our revenue and profitability goals.
While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the CEO’s needs and the needs of business. The most important responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support the initiatives of the CEO.
The Executive Assistant will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Meeting management including preparing agendas, printing financial reports, taking notes, distributing action items, and arranging catering
- Communicating on the CEO’s behalf both internally and externally
- Email management on behalf of the CEO and within the primary departmental inboxes using the Spark app to assign emails to team members as needed
- Running errands and attending in-person meetings multiple times per week
- Checking the P.O. Box several times per week and processing mail to various departments
- Keep everyone aligned so that things move smoothly and get done.
- Run and own weekly team ops meeting
- Capture templates and use them for recurring tasks: New Client set up - Accounting
- Be the "Traffic Cop": No matter how great the planning is, there will always be things that pop up. Sometimes these items need to be handled right away and other times they just need to be put aside for consideration on a future project.
- Complex calendar management and scheduling (both personally and professionally) on behalf of the CEO and Leadership Team
- Varying personal and professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, and ordering gifts/flowers, etc.
- Project management and accounts payable duties
- Weekly expense reporting on behalf of the CEO and the Leadership Team
- Financial Knowledge
The CEO’s EA will have a high attention to detail and accuracy, using their existing experience dealing with financial information, their experience supporting Executives, and their ground level understanding of accounting terminology to provide informed administrative support.
- Quality Communication
The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Slack messages, text messages and/or emails.
- High Level of Discretion
Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must. In addition to working directly with the CEO, the EA will also work with members of the Enrollment Builders Team and several other high-level EA’s from other departments. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
- Anticipating Needs
As a part of our commitment to enabling our CEO to serve our company and customers at the top of her game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your leader, clearing the path for her to make her greatest contribution.
- Affinity for Technology
Our executive assistant will be a savvy technology user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Slack, Zoom, Google Suite, Teamwork PM Tool, HubSpot, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Experience: 2-5 years supporting c-suite executive(s), dealing with personal and financial information.
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience in a marketing organization, technology firm, and/or small business start-up environment strongly preferred
- Physical: Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs.
About Enrollment Builders:
One enrollment equals one story. The heart of Enrollment Builders is filled with stories of real people fulfilling their dream of earning a college degree.
Through experience, empowerment, and science Enrollment Builders helps higher education institutions grow enrollment one story at a time.