Remote - MUST be based in the United States of America
Contact Center Associate Director
The Admissions Counselor plays a crucial role in partnering with our university and college clients. The Admissions Counselor assists students in achieving their educational goals by prospecting and advising them through the admissions and enrollment process.
Why Enrollment Builders?
One enrollment equals one story. The heart of Enrollment Builders is filled with stories of real people fulfilling their dreams of earning a college degree. Through experience, empowerment, and science, Enrollment Builders helps higher education institutions grow enrollment one story at a time.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong desire to change prospective students’ lives. You need to have a “big picture” outlook to appreciate how your work contributes to this change. A successful Admissions Counselor is focused on helping prospects enroll in a school where they will pursue a new future that begins with a college degree.
An Admissions Counselor at Enrollment Builders becomes an extension of the college or university they represent. They advocate for both school and student, seeking the best possible outcome for each. Working as an Admissions Counselor is not just about answering calls, emails, or text messages. The Admissions Counselors at Enrollment Builders are highly educated and specialized professionals dedicated to delivering the most effective level of customer service that is truly life-altering.
The Admissions Counselor serves as a critical point of contact representing our university and college partnerships to prospective students.
You will follow the approved contact center call strategy, including being responsible for multiple attempts to reach students by phone, email, chat, and text message. You will assist them through the admissions process and conduct in-depth conversations during formal admissions interviews.
In this position, you will:
- Identify students’ needs, clarify information, research and document every issue, and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- With accuracy and in a timely manner, update and maintain detailed notes on all student communications and information within the appropriate system of record
- Successfully complete all admissions-related coaching and training programs and exhibit a thorough knowledge of the admissions process, policies, and procedures
- Exhibit initiative and integrity with great time-management skills
- Contribute to the development of policy, procedures, communication plans, and research
- Achieve personal and team qualitative goals
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Student admissions and recruitment
- Contact center standards
- Admissions strategy
- Database records maintenance
- Data reporting
Skills and Abilities
Relationship management and customer service skills
- Possess a strong desire to impact change in a prospective student’s life
- Act with students at the forefront of all decision-making and communication
- Able to establish and maintain helpful relationships quickly with prospective students
- Identify and understand the student’s needs and clearly articulate institutional offerings and differentiators as it relates to the students’ needs
- Comfortable communicating regularly with students, peers, and staff (via phone calls, text messages, instant messaging, video conferencing, meetings, and institutional gatherings)
- Support and advocate for your students to ensure they have the information, tools, and resources to be successful
- Contribute to the health and growth of your client by supporting the student’s goals and engaging students through inspiration and accountability
- Courteous, polite, and well-mannered
- Possess excellent active listening, written and verbal communication, organizational, time-management, critical thinking, and multi-tasking skills
- Independently use complex problem-solving skills to manage issue resolution; escalate issues as needed
- Perform well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Manage a large volume of inbound and outbound calls, SMS/text messaging, chats, and emails
- Work across a variety of technology platforms; adaptable to learning new systems integrations and tools (HubSpot, Omnistream, Simplii, G-suite, Slack, video conferencing software, etc.)
- Assist in developing your own personal quantitative and qualitative performance goals focused on aligning strategy and driving performance
- Proactively identify process areas of concern or need for improvement
- Participate in internal initiatives as assigned
- Committed to getting, giving, and learning from continuous feedback and coaching
- Actively participate in professional development and growth with direct and senior leadership
- Experience in a contact center environment and/or experience working directly with prospective students in higher education admissions, recruiting, and/or marketing
- High-speed internet with a reliable computer, headset, and preferably multiple displays
- A controlled, dedicated, and quiet home working space free from noise and distractions
- Advanced skill in using basic computing technology and software, along with an aptitude for learning multiple, complex technology systems
- Customer-focused and adaptable to working with different personality types
- Open availability between 9 a.m. EST and 12 a.m. EST, seven days a week, Sunday - Saturday. Saturday and Sunday shifts are required as needed and will be established during the interview process before a job offer is extended.
- Previous experience in customer service, high-volume contact center, and/or higher education preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Higher education experience preferred
- Competitive salary; starts at $48,000 per year
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k (no match)
- Paid holidays and PTO
At Enrollment Builders, you'll work with a dedicated team of creative, compassionate professionals who love helping students discover their purposes.
You'll work from the remote location of your choosing, but you'll be a valued and integral member of the company. Embracing a culture that prioritizes authentic relationships, we host regular events that allow all to know and be known, including virtual coffee chats, online Pictionary games, and annual in-person staff retreats (as health conditions permit) at the beautiful Kentucky horse farm where we are headquartered.
Always striving to educate and empower the Enrollment Builders team, our leaders provide ongoing professional training, encourage transparent and honest conversation, and inspire everyone to perform beyond the status quo.
Only considering applicants based in the United States of America.