In order to best serve our students, our Admissions Counselors need to understand the prospective student story, meaning their aspirations, challenges and circumstances, both past and present. This information is key to being able to present a learning solution that moves them, as well as address the concerns, both practical and emotional, that have been holding them back. Counselors are responsible for accepting inbound communications and scheduling/making outbound calls, email, SMS/texts to prospects.
As an Admissions Counselor, you are the front line for each of our university and college clients in serving their prospective students. All Counselors must communicate and represent our business mission, vision, and culture to all clients, partners, and prospects. Leadership opportunities for the right person may develop over time.
- Work from home using cutting edge, web-based call/text technology
Admissions Counselor Responsibilities Include:
- Establish a strong working relationship with prospective students
- Our counselors spend roughly 6 out of 8 hours a day on the phone speaking with prospects
- Our Contact Center Agents work aged leads on behalf of our client which allows our admissions counselors to focus on connecting with students and holding formal interviews (versus chasing aged leads)
- Identify students’ needs, clarify information, research every issue, and provide solutions and/or alternatives that meet their needs
- Build sustainable relationships and engage prospects by going the extra mile
- Keep records of all conversations in our contact center platform in a standardized and consistent manner
- Communicate over phone, email, and text
- Be available to attend on-site and virtual trainings to improve knowledge and performance level, as needed
- A dedicated quiet home working space, free from noise and distractions
- High-speed internet
- Updated laptop or desktop computer with high quality microphone headset
- Strong ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment, coupled with the ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills along with active listening
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and manage time effectively
- Prospective student focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Experience in a higher education admissions department or vendor-side call center and/or experience working directly with prospective students in higher education admissions/recruitment/marketing
Enrollment Builders is seeking interested candidates who:
- Take joy in educating and empowering clients and team members
- Drive change by learning, experimenting, and sharing
- Are personally accountable: demonstrate an ownership mentality by doing the right thing at the right time and owning the results
- Get it. Understand the bigger picture and how client goals, lead generation, company growth, and core values all work together
- Deal head-on and creatively with rapid change and ambiguity
- Believe deeply in the mission of higher education and its importance in positively changing lives
About Enrollment Builders:
One enrollment equals one story. The heart of Enrollment Builders is filled with stories of real people fulfilling their dream of earning a college degree.
Through experience, empowerment, and science Enrollment Builders helps higher education institutions grow enrollment one story at a time.