As the Strategic Client Success Director, you are the embedded player in each client account who creates and strengthens relationships through critical, strategic thinking. You are responsible for becoming a trusted advisor with each client and must communicate and represent our business mission, vision, and culture to all clients, partners, and prospects. This role will be responsible for articulating the benefits of our core product/service offerings: digital marketing, website design/development, inbound marketing, social media, media planning, Google Adwords, pay-per-click, lead generation, and enrollment management. Previous experience in the above services is preferred.
As an account innovator, you will synthesize information and communicate the big picture to executive-level clients. You must be instrumental in facilitating idea exchanges in collaboration with clients. Facilitate and collaborate with these team members to support additional subject matter areas.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to help shape the business in a leadership position as the company continues to grow.
- Experience in higher education, especially in admissions and recruitment is required
- Knowledge of general marketing strategies including inbound marketing and pay-per-click is very strongly preferred.
- Experience as an account manager or in an equivalent role is strongly preferred.
- While this is a remote position, the ability to travel weekly to Lexington, Kentucky will be required or to client campuses primarily in the Eastern and Central time zones. Preference will be given to candidates in the Lexington/Louisville/Cincinnati regions.
- Create a Strategic Account Plan for each client that includes information about pricing, costs, competitors, and company goals to develop strategic plans that allow you to reach your individual targets and contribute to the overall goals of the company.
- Monitor all community and client news regarding clients, competitors, partners, and higher education developments.
Complete and maintain trainings that will allow you to speak fluently about:
- Our products, services, and overall capabilities as solutions to client needs.
- Analytics and limitations impacting client performance.
- The marketplace.
- Our company and our value proposition.
- The competition and how our company wins.
- The technology required to make it all work.
- Act as a detective on the account team who finds out (or leads the process to find out) information critical for maximizing the business within an account.
- Act as the key to finding out virtually anything– from what competitors the account is using, what trends are going on in the client, what key people have changed, where the other buying centers are, or any issue where lack of knowledge is getting in the way of your strategic account management success.
- Collaborate with our team to craft tailored, innovative solutions that truly work for the client. Determine if other third-party relationships should be introduced to impact growth as well.
- Be mindful of new business development opportunities for the company.
Thought Leadership in Higher Education
- Seek out opportunities for content development that further establishes our company as a thought leader.
- Attend conferences and client visits to discover these opportunities.
- Develop relationships with SME's in higher education and establish partnerships and opportunities with them that contribute to deeper penetration and solution creation.
- Occasionally go against the grain and recommend something that pushes the client in a new or different direction.
- Oversee all client contracts and contract renewals, provide quality control on the account, and actively pursue new opportunities with the client.
- Above all, the account manager will know more about the account than anyone else in the agency. Act as the go-to person on that brand. Provide input on all account activity to CEO and colleagues.
- Drive mid-contract sales opportunities and retain responsibility for contract renewal.
- Meet regularly with the core team to review, reflect, and strategize about how to improve the relationship and serve the client.
- Analyze and interpret what behaviors and patterns make customers successful and more likely to be retained by the company
- Seek client feedback on the company’s performance.
- Follow up on agreed actions and ensure team members meet their commitments.
- Own the presentation of deliverables to the client and the internal timing of critical steps required to meet deadlines.
- As necessary, travel to client institutions to present, train, and meet with key stakeholders.
- As client deliverable deadlines are approached, have a handle on how high-level work is progressing as an advocate for the client. You should be ahead of timing/delivery issues so that you are able to effectively reset expectations with the client or troubleshoot the issue internally so we are able to meet our deadlines and exceed client expectations.
- Own the P&L of each client contract. This entails reviewing internal hours spent against contract deliverables on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Communicate performance, risks, assumptions, and goals on the contract. As the client expert and advocate for the client internally, you should be able to clearly document, communicate, and address performance and associated barriers to success.
- Own new work introduced between team calls or on client calls.
- Advocate internally that all teams solve for the customer -- you are their biggest fans within the company and understand that their success and happiness mean our success and happiness!