Enrollment Builders is seeking a Sales Development Representative to build and develop relationships with higher education institutions to create mutually-beneficial matches between college and university needs and Enrollment Builders solutions. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of sales experience selling contact center, admissions, marketing, and/or enrollment solutions to higher education administrators. Enrollment Builders solutions are focused on enabling institutional efforts to grow and sustain enrollment.
Successful candidates will be committing to a key role in a growing company and will report directly to the CEO.
- The focus of this job is making connections with higher education leaders in marketing and enrollment, motivating and inspiring them to achieve results leveraging Enrollment Builders marketing and enrollment solutions. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people.
The right candidate will:
- Regularly meet and pro-actively establish relationships with new sales contacts
- Be responsible for building the trust of potential clients by using a “consultative selling” style rather than a “transactional” communication style
- Succeed in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment with a sense of urgency toward goal achievement
- Be poised and engaging
- Drive toward results by ensuring the commitment and buy-in of others
- Have a sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated
- Design and implement interactive communication and decision-making processes
- Have experience successfully influencing and persuading others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to company solutions
- Build sales opportunities while educating and developing prospective clients
- Quickly react and motivate others to adapt to the changing higher education environment
This role is the first full-time sales hire in a financially stable, growing business (with a start-up feel). This position will provide a draw to cover onboarding and job training for the first 6 months of employment. For now, this person’s geographic territory will include the entire US market, but that is subject to change as our team and business needs grow. The Senior Sales Executive will have frequent and direct access to the CEO to assist in closing opportunities. Our marketing and recruitment services are currently in high demand due to COVID-19 and its related impact on the market.
IDEAL CANDIDATE TRAITS:
- 3-5 years of sales experience, with an emphasis on high-end, higher education solutions
- Documented top producer status; preferably in a remote or virtual sales environment utilizing a consultative selling approach
- Deep understanding of/experience with higher education, and the ability to present as an authoritative, expert thought leader
- Strong written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience as a top performer in nurturing and closing inbound leads
- Demonstrated experience independently developing and building new opportunities
- High capacity for handling change while effectively managing multiple complex priorities
- Ability to work remotely as a self-starter and to travel occasionally for company, client, or sales meetings (post-pandemic)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships with prospective clients generated by the company while constantly and consistently cultivating and grooming new relationships from other sources.
- Educate prospective clients on how our solutions work and build high-level plans to communicate the ROI and impact of the effort, along with the proposal and scope of work for services.
- Consistently drive revenue, closing pilots, annual, and multi-year contracts ranging from $30,000-500,000 or more.
- Maintain accurate records of sales activities and statistics within the HubSpot CRM tool.
- Conduct daily outbound activity to prospective and existing clients.
- This is a “dial out” (not cold-calling) sales role that requires handling inbound sales calls and converting calls into sales.
- Communicate with prospects using the Enrollment Builders Proven Process, using effective methods including in-person contact, email, Zoom, and other channels as appropriate.
- Hire, develop, and lead an elite team of inside sales representatives that work with executives and managers of educational institutions to help them grow their traditional and non-traditional enrollment through innovative service offerings from Enrollment Builders.
- Travel as required (e.g., post-pandemic, annual conferences for business development and training, company meetings, and client visits).
- Complete other duties or special projects to be assigned by CEO.
About Enrollment Builders:
One enrollment equals one story. The heart of Enrollment Builders is filled with stories of real people fulfilling their dream of earning a college degree. Through experience, empowerment, and science Enrollment Builders helps higher education institutions grow enrollment one story at a time.