Remote - MUST be based in the United States of America
Contact Center Associate Director
The Contact Center Agent is one of the most critical roles at Enrollment Builders. As a Contact Center Agent, you will be the first point of contact representing our university and college clients to prospective students.
Why Enrollment Builders?
One enrollment equals one story. The heart of Enrollment Builders is filled with stories of real people fulfilling their dreams of earning a college degree. Through experience, empowerment, and science, Enrollment Builders helps higher education institutions grow enrollment one story at a time.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong desire to change prospective students’ lives. You need to have a “big picture” outlook to appreciate how your work contributes to this change. A successful Contact Center Agent is focused on helping prospects enroll in a school where they will pursue a new future that begins with a college degree.
A Contact Center Agent at Enrollment Builders becomes an extension of the college or university they represent. They advocate for both school and student, seeking the best possible outcome for each. Working as a Contact Center Agent is not just about answering calls, emails, or text messages. The Contact Center team at Enrollment Builders are highly educated and specialized professionals dedicated to delivering the most effective level of customer service that is truly life-altering.
The Contact Center Agent serves as the first point of contact representing our university and college partnerships to prospective students. You will use multiple attempts across phone, email, chat, and text message communication to connect with prospective student inquiries and applicants. Once the prospect displays interest in enrollment, you will then transfer or schedule them for a more in-depth conversation with their admissions counselor.
In this position, you will:
- Make and answer phone calls, emails, and text messages to prospective students, ensuring the prospects have a positive admissions experience
- Quickly identify, understand, assess, and address the student’s needs
- Offer relevant and viable solutions based on the student’s individual personal and academic circumstances
- Articulate clearly the client’s offerings and differentiators as it relates to the students’ needs
- Customize the student and conversation approach, content, and structure to align with what is in the best interest of both the student and the institution
- Document all conversation outcomes accurately, consistently, and in a timely manner
- Work across a broad range of tech platforms with ease, including but not limited to HubSpot, Omnistream, Simplii, G-suite, Slack, video conferencing software, etc.
- Show consistent and measurable progress toward developmental and performance goals
- Communicate regularly with students, peers, and staff (via phone calls, text messages, instant messaging, video conferencing, meetings, and institutional gatherings)
- Operations management
- Contact center standards
- Student recruitment
- Organizational workflow, structure, and operations
- Database records maintenance
- Independent problem solving
Skills and Abilities
- Work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Manage a high volume of prospective student inquiries and leads
- Foster a cooperative work environment
- Possess excellent active listening and written and verbal communication skills
- Have an exceptional organizational ability
- Perform well under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse and demanding student population.
- Assist in developing your own personal quantitative and qualitative performance goals focused on aligning strategy and driving performance
- Dedicated to meeting client expectations
- Act with students at the forefront of decision-making and communication
- Experience in a contact center environment and/or experience working directly with prospective students in higher education admissions, recruiting, and/or marketing
- High-speed internet with a reliable computer, headset, and preferably multiple displays
- Advanced skill in using basic computing technology and software, along with an aptitude for learning multiple, complex technology systems
- Customer-focused and adaptable to working with different personality types
- Open availability between 9 a.m. EST and 12 a.m. EST, seven days a week, Sunday - Saturday. Saturday and Sunday shifts are required as needed and will be established during the interview process before a job offer is extended.
- Previous experience in customer service, high-volume contact center, and/or higher education preferred
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Higher education experience preferred
- Competitive salary; starts at $15/hour
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k (no match) launches August 2022
- Paid holidays and PTO
At Enrollment Builders, you'll work with a dedicated team of creative, compassionate professionals who love helping students discover their purposes.
You'll work from the remote location of your choosing, but you'll be a valued and integral member of the company. Embracing a culture that prioritizes authentic relationships, we host regular events that allow all to know and be known, including virtual coffee chats, online Pictionary games, and annual in-person staff retreats (as health conditions permit) at the beautiful Kentucky horse farm where we are headquartered.
Always striving to educate and empower the Enrollment Builders team, our leaders provide ongoing professional training, encourage transparent and honest conversation, and inspire everyone to perform beyond the status quo.
Only considering applicants based in the United States of America.